Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Voice

There is so much to be said of the voice; God's voice and ours.  This week at school, my friend Vanessa came to speak to our 2nd graders about sign language and the deaf.  She shared her story of her daughter, Meagan, and how that began her journey of interpretting.  While she was speaking, she said something that stuck with me.  She became "the voice" for others.  I loved that!  Several years ago, the Lord gave me a scripture specifically for my daughter, Morgan.

Proverbs 31:8 says, She will "speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all those who are destitute." I have no idea what that means for her or how that will look in her journey, but I do know it will happen!  God needs your voice to accomplish His purposes, but are you ready for that, and can He trust you?   In order for anyone to hear and listen (There is a difference.  Read Romans 10:18.) the source must have credibilty.

James 3:9-12
"with the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness (I know what you're thinking....I'm not sure everyone's in God's likeness. LOL! They might not walk in it, but they were made in it) Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.  My brothers, this should not be.  Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."

Ouch! A real thinker.  To have a deep understanding of this verse, there should be some daily evaluation and growth taking place. Words are powerful! Use them wisely.  The Lord already knows if He can trust you.  Proverbs 20:27 says, "The lamp of the Lord searches the spirit of a man, it searches out his inmost being." But do you know if He trusts you? Can you make an honest evaluation? Proverbs 16:2 says, "All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord."

There is so much God wants to use you for. Take the challenge; honest evaluation along with the courage to change in His likeness.

He needs your voice!

The  Mrs. Pastor

1 comment: