There are things that are the inevitable. Whether you are ready or not they are still coming:
1. Your children growing up and leaving the nest
2. Your bodies growing older and changing inside and out
3. The seasons (in nature and in your life)
4. Responsibilities (the laundry will always need to be done and the bills paid)
5. ....and so many more
Now, you can try and put the timing off, reverse the timing, or even stop the timing but this will only make it harder. The inevitable will happen......ready or not.
The same is true in the spiritual realm. Two things that will happen:
1. spiritual warfare. God's word says, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and his mighty power.(that is his charge to you) Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle IS NOT against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:10-12 (and then he goes on to tell you how to do this) vs. 13-18
2. Christ Return. God's word says in the book of Revelation 22 "Behold, I am coming soon!" and in Matthew 24 he talks not only of his return but instructs them on being watchful and the signs that will follow. "So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." vs 44
ready or not......
The Lord will never give us a task that he doesn't give instructions to go with that task. It's all in His word. The word that remains in my mind with all of these inevitable areas in our life is DILIGENCE.
Be diligent with each moment, assignment, task, opportunity that the Lord puts in front of you.
Webster's Definition of Diligent: steady in application ; industrious, preserving, with care and constant effort
Life is happening and bringing with it all the inevitable. Our job is not to try and manipulate it, overthink it, fix it. Our responsibility is to look to His word daily and be diligent with the task. Doing the task well. Not holding tightly to the task that is His to begin with but rather be willing to let go. Our responsibility is to allow Him to be God and we his servants. A servant knows when to back off and let the master have final authority.
Ready or Not,