Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Save the Date

                                                           

                                          5-11-14

Pastor: We need to be praying about a Mother's Day speaker.
Me: mmmm  hmmmm

Pastor: How about you? 
Me: no (confession...I don't like this holiday because it feels so stiff and religious.  I know, you can't believe I just said that.  Just keeping it real.  Those conditions are the most difficult to preach in)

MONTHS GO BY...

Pastor: I haven't got anyone for Mother's Day.  I really think you should take it.
Me: Nope...don't you do that thing....you know...already set it up in your mind.
Pastor: I'm just saying, I think you're the one.  

WEEKS GO BY...

Pastor: I'm gonna do Mother's Day, but it's not going to be a "Mother's Day" message.
Me: Oh, well I have a message if it doesn't have to be a "Mother's Day" message.  If I can just preach, I will take it.
Pastor: (smiling) I'll put you on the calendar tomorrow. (wink-wink)

*Is this the fruit of me praying for him to have wisdom beyond his years?  

5-11-14:
I promise to bring you God's word, prayed up, prepared and spirit led.

You promise to leave tradition at the door before you enter and just come hungry for God's word....then you can leave and celebrate Mother's Day.


2 comments: