Friday, March 14, 2014

Oh the Places You'll Go



Children's literature is to my teacher walk as the Bible is to my Christian walk.  (side note: I can't wait to share this with a class at ORU that my friend teaches...thanks Jill for the opportunity!)

 

There is so many lessons learned and life experiences I can relate back to literature.  One of my favorite Dr. Seuss books is Oh the Places You'll Go.  This book represents my life story.  You could preach a great sermon with this book to a class of children and it would be just as powerful to adults. 

 

These feet (of mine) have gone many places but none so important and meaningful until I met Christ.  His word says in Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us."

 

I could have never imagined where the Lord has taken me.  I'm just so thankful for the opportunities that He has given me to grow:

teaching and preaching the gospel, an eye opening trip to Calcutta, India, helping at a center for women who are overcoming addictions, moments of mentorship (both given and received), great challenges with even greater opportunities to learn and better represent Christ, visiting and being deeply moved at a DHS shelter for children birth through 18yrs., speaking on a professional level, sharing my story, being the keynote speaker at the high school graduation, being inspired and moved by the history at our nations capitol and taking in the beauty of God's creation from the mountains of Colorado to the beaches of Hawaii. 

 

The exciting thing is there is so much more in  my story (and yours).  Unlike my eldest daughter who wants god to show her the entire plan and outcome.  I know it's unimaginable, possibly scary, if revealed before we are ready.  His ways are higher than our ways.  That's why our daily time in His Word is so crucial to your future steps.


It's your preparation, training, and revelation all wrapped in one.


Again, Dr. Seuss says, 

"the more you read the more you'll know,                                            the more you read the more places you'll go."

I have gone to a place spiritually that I'm so thankful for and it motivated me to go deeper.                                              

Oh, the places you'll go . . . with Christ.


The Mrs. Pastor

1 comment:

  1. This book could definitely preach! I have heard your mini-sermon, and loved the message :-) Who knew Dr Seuss' rhymes could have so much life application!?

    ReplyDelete