Sunday, August 24, 2014

Don't Blink

Kenny Chesney got it right when he sang the song "don't blink".  If you haven't seen the music video and don't mind being vulnerable to getting choked up, you should check it out on YouTube.
If you will go with me for a minute.....close your eyes (after you read this of course) and think back on your last 20 years.  I personally just blinked and think, "where has it gone?"
It was 26 years ago I was moving into my college dorm on the fifth floor and I blinked and now I'm moving my daughter onto the same college campus in the dorms on the 6th floor.
It was 20 years ago this month that Steve and I drove to our church to "try out" as youth pastors and then I blinked and we are now the lead pastors.  In those 20 years God did so much.  I wish I could write a book for you to see the growth that took place, the struggles and triumphant victories.  I know if you took a moment, you'd have the same story to pen on paper.  I encourage you to do some reflecting.
It was one year ago that I started this blogging thing and then I blinked and here I am the Writing/Language Arts teacher in 2nd grade this year!  Who would have thought?  I never thought of myself as a "writer" or that my thoughts were even important enough to share with people, and yet God and my friend Jill saw something different.
If there is one thing I've learned in these 20 years (I've learned way more, but only sharing one) it's that I don't have to know the future, only that it will get here soon enough.  My responsibility is to do something with the present.  I will blink again and I want to be at peace with what I did with each moment, word, action, adventure, opportunity....
I'm taking this opportunity to thank God and all who have been a part of the last 20 years.  Each one have played an active part in my story.  God uses people to fulfill his plan.

Loving where I am,
The Mrs. Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment