Sunday, September 18, 2016

What can be shaken....will be

No one can prepare anyone for the rug to be pulled from under you.  When sudden impact happens, when death comes, divorce, disease, broken friendship, adultery, unexpected financial hardship, lies, cultural based decisions that affect your family, the result is that it shakes you!

When you are shaken, the symptoms in your body are operating at a dangerous level.  Your heart is racing, you are shaking, you are crying, you are speechless, you are angry, you are sad, you are numb. 

Most look to God.  Some question God.  Some get made at God. Some get mad at themselves.  Some pull inward and get depressed while others pull upward for strength but no matter how you decide to deal with it.....it doesn't change the fact that it happened and now things are different. 

No matter why it happened....God allowed it.  Trust me, this is one that no human being can understand but I can tell you this, even when I don't understand, I still trust God and His love for me. 
When I think about my childhood, and the things that happened to me as a nine year old, I used to get so mad.  I held that inside for so long that it messed me up and I couldn't understand how an innocent child (who had no voice) could become a victim to dirty old men.  But then, I found God and now I know how much He loves me and how that had to hurt him.  I understand that sin happens in this world but God promises in His word that "He will work all things according to His good to those who love Him". (Romans 8:28)

His word talks about being shaken.  It refers to this in two areas: removal of worldly views and thinking and being rooted and grounded in Him.

I would highly encourage you to read Hebrews 12 and 13. It's all so relevant, but for this post I will refer to chapter 12: 26-28
" At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more, I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. The words, 'once more' indicate the removing of what can be shaken-that is created things- so that what cannot be shaken may remain."

Our circumstances, our tragedy, and even our human body can be altered....BUT OUR FAITH? Our faith is the one thing that should and must remain.  But how is that possible when we just described the physical and emotional levels that your body demonstrates?

It's possible friend when you let the dust settle, take a breath, and look to the Holy Spirit within you for peace.  That peace is already in you if you have accepted Christ, it's just you taking ownership to put it in working order. Is that natural? Well, absolutely not! If it was natural we wouldn't look to Him.  We are a selfish people who naturally look to ourselves first.  We have to train ourselves to die to ourselves and let Him be our Lord.....we are not the Lord of our lives (and if you are, I can probably guess how that's working for you). 

So is this even possible to not be shaken?  Let's answer that with His word:
Psalm 16:8 "I keep my eyes always on the Lord, With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

Psalm 62:6 " Truly He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken."

Psalm 125:1 "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever."

Now let's not forget that being shaken isn't always a bad thing....it may feel like a bad thing but the Lord may be doing some serious teaching and life-changing in your soul.  He may wake up those who have been asleep , He may be strengthening your faith where it hasn't been in working order, or He may be allowing you to rely on the Holy Spirit to give peace and comfort where the things and people of this world cannot offer.  Who knows? You may never know OR you may learn through the process of being shaken.  Either way....HE IS LORD. He loves us, has plans and purposes for us, and most importantly wants to spend eternity with those who believe in Him. 

Let's not let this world "shake" us but allow God's word and prayer to be the one thing that moves us:
"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly."

We will not be people who are devastated by being shaken! We will take a breath, look up for His strength, peace, and guidance.....and move forward. 

Standing,
The Mrs. Pastor

1 comment:

  1. Your best post to date, in my opinion. Very, VERY good.

    ReplyDelete