Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Up, Up, and AWAY......

You have got to know that you were created with purpose, for purpose, and with abundance in mind.

Why does it not always feel that way?  First, you don't live by your feelings....yes,  those feelings were given to us by God but not meant to be our foundation.  Secondly, There are things that are in our control and things out of our control. 

" The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.  I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."  John 10:10

The enemy has his mission: kill people physically, spiritually, emotionally.  Steal every God appointed opportunity, and destroy all relationships, dreams, goals, and efforts to further God's kingdom. 
The Lord has his mission: that people would have a relationship with him and live abundantly here on earth and in eternity in heaven.
We should have a mission: to have the mind of Christ and do His will. 

How can we make that happen?

1. Be like Him.  As life happens....focus on responding to life through His eyes.  Focus on your spirit man and what it can control.  There are plenty of things that are in your control: how you respond, how you interact, how you pray, how you prepare, how you work, how you give, how you serve, how you love, how you forgive, how you inspire,  how you get up after a fall.......

2. Get rid of sin and your human (flesh) nature.  The bible says to "strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up, and let us run with endurance the race God has set before us" (Heb. 12:1). 
Did you catch that?  It's slowing you down!  God wants you to move Up, Up, and AWAY for HIM. He wants you to live in abundance!   He's given you the tools, the resources, the people, the places....IT'S YOU MY FRIEND that needs to do your part!

POWER CONFESSION:
I declare that I was created in His image.  I was created for purpose to do powerful things for Christ.  The gifts and talents He has given me, I will use with the greatest responsibility.  I will not take for granted the people, the resources, the opportunities, the day to day activities that He has put before me.  I will be a thankful, grateful, encouraging person.  I will surround my self with good and have courage and discernment to know when to walk away from unhealthy situations.  I will know my mission and live that mission!


Up, Up, and Away,
The Mrs. Pastor




No comments:

Post a Comment